Thanks to our area’s diverse business community, we prosper in good economic climates and are able to weather tougher times. While you’ll find a wide variety of companies, four sectors make up a significant part of our economy:
- We have a long history in the supply chain industry.
- Many transportation companies are located here.
- Sitting between Interstates 70 and 74 gives us fast and easy access to key markets.
- Rush County has always been a center for manufacturing.
- We have long been a major supplier to the auto industry.
- We’re a short drive from automakers, including Honda, General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Subaru, and Navistar.
AGRICULTURE & FOOD
- We’re surrounded by hundreds of thousands of acres of large agribusiness operations.
- Our workforce and resources are ideal for makers of farm machinery, crop chemicals, and animal health products.
- Food companies appreciate our access to large volumes of corn, soybeans, hogs, cattle, and poultry.
- We have plenty of water for food processers, packagers and freezer storage facilities.